Honeywell Refrigerants’ Solstice® N40 (R-448A) has been chosen by Coborn’s Inc. supermarket chain, which spans the Midwest region of the United States, to furnish its extensive refrigeration requirements with sustainable alternatives.
|Coborn’s is steadily growing across the Midwest, and plans to continue to use Solstice N40 for both new builds and retrofits as it proactively addresses regulatory change. Key benefits include:|
- A lower carbon footprint via a lower GWP with no noticeable performance tradeoffs
- Smooth, fast and cost-effective installation compared to CO2 transcritical systems (20-30% greater costs than a conventional system that adopts Solstice N40)
- Greatest ease of retrofit without making expensive equipment changes
Check out the other factors that influenced Coborn’s decision to select Honeywell’s refrigerant solutions, feedback from the customer, and more, in this case study and press release.
Download Case Study
About Solstice N40
Solstice N40 (R-448A) is a non-flammable, reduced GWP hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) refrigerant for new supermarkets or retrofits, especially low- and medium-temp refrigeration. It has a GWP of 1273 and provides 68% GWP reduction and around 15% lower energy consumption compared to R404A. It is listed under the U.S. EPA’s SNAP program to replace ozone-depleting substances.
Solstice N40 can be used to retrofit R-22, R-404A, R-507, as well as interim blends R-402A, R-402B and R-408A.
Why Solstice N40
Switching to Solstice N40 is designed to be easy and less time-consuming. This innovative drop-in replacement offers several benefits apart from those listed above, such as:
- Similar operating pressures as HFCs
- Compatible with all system components
- Qualified for use by all major component manufacturers
To learn more, download the Solstice N40 brochure.
Contact Us Today