- This event has passed.
FLAME TOOLS SAFETY SEMINAR
December 6, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Overview of Uniweld Products, Inc.
- Fire Triangle – A review on the Fire Triangle and the basic elements of what is fire.
- Fuel Gases and Cylinders – General discussion on the different types of fuels used to braze and solder copper tubing. Working temperatures of the various fuels and their applications. Safety precautions when working with the various fuel gases.
- Alloys – Review of the various alloys used in soldering/brazing, including aluminum alloy.
- Nitrogen Regulators and Flow Indicator – Review the use of nitrogen when purging an A/C or R system and the effective way to monitor nitrogen flow.
- Flame Tools – A review on the various types of flame tools available on the market and their applications within the HVACR, Plumbing and Maintenance industries.
- Flame Tool Set Up and Safety – Step by step procedure on setting up an oxyacetylene outfit and the proper safety procedures to apply when in use. This will include a review on what the regulator delivery pressure should be set at based on the tip size being used. Proper procedures on shutting down an oxyacetylene outfit and preparing it for storage.
- Brazing Techniques – Basic review on proper brazing techniques and which flame tool should be used in certain applications.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.